Monday, July 4, 2016

Celebrate Independence!

The attached photo is actually from my profile on Pinterest. It is a quilt I made for a coworker for her new baby. Her reply when asked what colors were the baby's room were: red, white and blue. She was quite happy when she received it. My instructions to her were to use it. Now more than ever before I ask people to use rather than store and save what I have made particularly the quilts.

Now if Aunt Bet would listen, that would be lovely. She had removed from the wall the memory quilt made in honor of both of my grandparents to have it painted and decided to put it in plastic. She removed it from plastic after I recommended a cotton pillow case. Sad to say but right now it has been relegated to a corner hidden behind an opened door just waiting to be enjoyed again.
Handcrafted for Chase

4 comments:

  1. and I agree- there is no point in leaving something that is beautiful hidden or packaged so that its never used or enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete