Saturday, September 23, 2023

Anybody There

 Oh My! I have been working. I have been teaching. I have been Costume Designer, Costumer, Wardrobe Tech and all of the above.

I just about fell apart during this "Paindemic." Too much to consider.

Do I take this job? Do I allow anyone to come into my house? How many masks can be made this week? 

The world loosened restrictions and then I tested positive on at least one occasion of Mother's Day 2022. It was crazy to say the least.

I tried to stay at least 6 feet away (and still do if possible), particularly, in public. Mom likes to cough without turning her head and any other precautionary methods. It is absolutely gross and she coughs often due to her swallowing concerns.

Health is concerning to almost every one of my family members. We are all aging and those habits and maladies have caught up with us like smoking, lack of exercise and terrible eating habits.

But enough of that type of news. During these times and world events my skills and talents allowed me to use my skills. I worked with a feature film via Zoom, Christmas was filmed partially on a nearby farm where the neighbors thought up some interesting dialogue about what was taking place. 

December 2019 was fraught with memories of working with Black Nativity. What a delightful group of cast and crew members. I could have and would have organized things much differently to use and transport to the two different venues. Overall it was a positive experience. I would do it all over despite the attack on my character while an audience via conference call was listening. My spirit will not be crushed despite this turn of events. By the way people in costuming/wardrobe, rubber bands and/or masking tape  does not bode well on footwear. 

In January 2020, I resumed work on my Cathedral Window Quilt which I made for myself. I said it right, I thought I was finished. My intentions were to make it queen sized, then I relented but now I am on track to complete a generous sized one for my queen sized bed. 

The saga continues . . . But until then I bid you peace, warmth, warm hugs and prosperity. I promise I wont be long. Enjoy sewing, quilting or otherwise participate in creative situations everyday you possibly can.   

No comments:

Post a Comment